Accompanying German language classes for beginners are available for the following programs:
- EU Studies Winter School (January)
Remote German Class for Beginners: November 23 - December 18, 2020
- EU Studies Winter School (July)
Remote German Class for Beginners: June 7 - July 2, 2020
- Application deadline: 4 weeks before the program starts
- Payment deadline: 3 weeks before the program starts
These German language classes are separate from the EU Studies programs and carry an additional fee. Tuition waivers are available from students of a number of partner universities who have been nominated by their International Office to participate in the EU Studies program. Through the online application form of the EU Studies programs, you can also register for the German language class. .
German classes at all levels are available in August through the MISU: German Summer Language Program
The German class is an accompanying general language course which aims at developing the language skills of the student. This contains the further development of the following skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing tailored to the varying language proficiency of the participant.
Courses are available for participants with the following language proficiency:
The German beginners’ class is for participants with little or no German language skills on level A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). This course aims at getting students into contact with the German language for the first time, whilst preparing them for simple and daily interactions in a German speaking country.
After this course students can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases such as introducing themselves and others or asking questions about personal details.
Course / Certificate / ECTS
- Face to face: 32 lessons
- Self study with test: 9 Tasks
- Virtual excursions: 3 live trips around Munich and the University
- Course book: Klett online learning platform
Prerequisite for certification:
- completion of the online tasks
- regular attendance of online sessions
- admission to and taking the written exam at the end of the course
After successful completion of the course and passing the exam students will receive a certificate with 3 ECTS credits.