The Academic Board of the LMU Munich defines the requirements and contact hours* for successful completion of the courses as follows:
- regular attendance
- preparation for and active participation in seminars
- attendance and contribution to lectures
- participation in and contribution to class excursions
- self study and homework assignments
- written assignments
- 96 European Studies contact/class hours* worth up to 9 ECTS credits
- 56 European Studies contact/class hours* worth up to 6 ECTS credits
- 80 German class contact hours* worth up to 3 ECTS credits
* One contact/class hour comprises 45 minutes.
Every student will receive an official transcript after the successful completion of all program requirements. The transcript will show the course name and contact hours, the number of acquired credits as well as the achieved grades.
Most international colleges and universities accept credits from the MISU LMU. However, each institution has its own policy regarding credit acceptance from other institutions. We strongly recommend that students consult their academic advisor and/or professor to receive credit transfer approval before applying to the MISU Summer Academy. Students who would like to transfer credits to their home universities should print out all documents contact the professor or study abroad advisor and ask for credit and grade approval.
Grades are defined by the Academic Board of the LMU Munich according to the general grading system of the LMU.
Please note: Extra credit is not available for this course.
Passing grades are 1,00 to 4,00
- < 1,00 = exceptional
- 1,00 – 1,50 = very good (sehr gut)
- 1,51 – 2,50 = good (gut)
- 2,51 – 3,50 = satisfactory (befriedigend)
- 3,51 – 4,00 = sufficient (ausreichend)
- 4,00 deficient (mangelhaft)
- NG - Not graded
There are three grading sections in this course:
20 % = Active participation in class and softskills
25 % = Presentation in class
55 % = Essay (3500-4000 words)